On Monday 14 Jan 2002 10:06, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> > | > > |

> trick.

> are
>
> > | not

> are
>
> > | two

> > | O.K. new tale of devfs has emerged ... could you explain then how
>
> can I
>
> > | run these "incompatible" tools with devfs for half an year ... and
>
> BTW
>
> > | how can all 8.1 users do it?
> >
> > I don't use msec, so I don't know about that, but with all the talk
> > of fixing
> > our devfs implementation and it's creation of links, this is bound to
>
> cause
>
> > problems.
>
> If you do not use msec and do not know anything about it how can you
> state it does not work?
>
> > You apparently use devfs as provided by Mandrake.  I have actually
>
> changed
>
> > my
> > setup a bit to be more toward the way devfs is supposed to be used.
>
> don't
>
> > even use devfsd.  I am not starting any "tales", but pointing out a
>
> problem
>
> > before it becomes one.
>
> You obviously do not understand the implications of disabling devfsd
> for *distribution* as opposed to your single system.
>
> -andrej

I don't really want to jump in here as it's getting rather heated.  Calm
down Andrej.  I just want to point out that, regarding your "how can all
8.1 users do it?" question -- 8.1 users were advised soon after its issue
to use 'append=" devfs=nomount"' in lilo.conf.

--
Peter Ruskin, Wrexham, Wales.  AMD Athlon XP 1600+, 512MB RAM.
Registered Linux User 219434 ( see http://counter.li.org/ ).