hmm, (dredges brain - oh yes)
before, i was rsyncing a local copy of cooker into a directory on this
machine and then using that as my only source, i installed from this
directory and afterwards deleted the sources that created as they would be
obsolete the next rsync and ran 'urpmi.addmedia localcooker file://etc'
i didn't specify the relative path of hdlis.cz because i have previously
found that doing so doesn't get the rpms in the ..../RPMS2 directory listed
in the source, this always to used to work fine, in my little script for
rsyncing the directory which runs as a cron job i added a little line to say
'urpmi.update localcooker' - job done,
BUT for the past few months both urpmi.update and urpmi.addmedia (i have
removed the source and stated afrom scratch a few times) have gone through
their whole routine - i have sat and watched all the output 'cos it's better
than telly! and at the end there is always the lines 'found xyz headers in
cache, removing xyz obsolete headers from cache'
now i seem to remember that if there was no sorce then adding one would
result in the lines 'found xyz headers in cache, removing 0 obsolete headers
from cache'
anyway i decided to give up and just specify the hdlist when creating a
source and that worked fine but of course rpms in the ...../RPMS2 weren't
listed, then i had an idea -so i went to bed in case i was ill- got up, the
idea was still there, i added just the .../RPMS2 directory as a second source
and after the output scrolled by there were indeed the lines 'found abc
headers in cache, removing 0 obsolete headers from cache'
hooray!
so to make a long story even longer, having two sources defined one of which
is defined using the hdlist seems to do the trick, all i have to do is run
rsync and update two sources instead of one - one extra line to my script,
i can live with that :-)
is this what you wanted to know?

bascule