On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:43:14PM -0700, Vincent Danen wrote:
> I think it's an export issue, not an installation issue, which would
> make this not feasible.

Vincent,

So if it's an export issue why would you be able to export a SRPM that
has an option to enable to the full package.  For that matter how can
you distribute a SRPM that just has a patch to disable the full
capability.  No matter which one you're still distributing the full
technology if you're shipping the source.

Now you could not ship the SRPM since openssl is a BSD style license but
that's really not mandrake's style.

Frankly I think there is no way to comply with a export restriction
without a running into some other issue.  At least without jumping
through a ton of hoops.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live in such times. But
that is not for them to decide.  All we have to decide is what to do
with the time that is given us."