Hi Oden!

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 02:10:38AM +0100, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This won't work:

It works fine on my system, all the modules previously taken from
the build path are now ignored.

But it's still damn slow, on my AMD-K62 500 Mhz system it took
I think about a minute to build the initrd image...
It was already slow since 16mdk, but I did not notice it that
much before on my AMD Duron Laptop.

Another bug (I did install the newest devfsd from 1.3.18, but not yet
reboot, maybe this cures the problem):
loop.o module is not loaded (modprobe) with the current version.

And a final problem: Temporary files of initrd are not removed when
a problem appears (like a missing loop device). Please remove them
either on startup (better solution for debugging :) or after the
error occured

With best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux