Hi Guillaume,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:09:37PM +0100, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Reinhard Katzmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Another bug (I did install the newest devfsd from 1.3.18, but not yet
> > reboot, maybe this cures the problem):
> > loop.o module is not loaded (modprobe) with the current version.
>
> Why should it take the "loop.o" module anyway?

Because otherwise there is no /dev/loop# device accessable, so the
initrd image can not be created. (Maybe the mdk kernel do include
the loop support in the kernel, I'm one of those who like to have
as much stuff as possible outside the kernel, I don't usually need
the loopback device).

Regards,

Reinhard
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux