Hi!

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 07:48:49AM -0600, Tech At Mathco Dot Com wrote:
> Even after updating to the new abiword on the cooker updates it still
> crashes with incompatible libpng.
>
> Anyone knows what I could try to get it working?
> Shouldn't Abiword have a dependency to a libpng-1.0.12 package and require
> it to be installed sincd its compiled against it?

abiword works fine on my system. I upgraded my libpng, libpng-devel and
recompiled the necessary original src.rpm (libgdk-pixbuf2, libgtk etc.)
from Mandrake 8.1. Though I find it strange that it requires libpng.so.2,
these messages do not appear on my system. They appear for some kde proggies
where I haven't yet recompiled for the newest png.

Regards,

Reinhard
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux