On 20020119 SI Reasoning wrote:
>I am using msec 3.
>The problem is that /etc/rc.d/init.d/* in
>/etc/security/msec is 700. I added a line after that
>to make /etc/rc.d/init.d/mandrake_consmap 744.
>I went ahead and assumed that the rest is unreadable
>for security reasons and not a typo.
>
>--- SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> well, msec does appear to be behind the
>> mandrake_consmap issue. Every hour it changes the
>> security of this file back to root rwx only. All
>> users
>> need to be able to read this file to login via kdm
>> (at
>> least).

No, the big problem is why the hell a script inside /etc/rc.d is run
by a once-every-login thing like /etc/bashrc through
/etc/profile.d/lang.sh.
Scripts inside rc.d are intended to be only run by 'init', or perhaps
by root with 'service xxxx [start|stop|restart....]'.

Perhaps that should not be in lang.sh, 'cause its already done at boot
time:

werewolf:/etc/rc.d# grep mandrake_consmap *
rc:[ -f /etc/init.d/mandrake_consmap ] && . /etc/init.d/mandrake_consmap

I use this as a workaroud: edit /etc/profile.d/lang.sh and comment line
65.

Possible solution ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon                           #  Let the source be with you...
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]