On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 01:26, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

> Yes, that irritates me as well. I'll try to contact devfs list, but no
> promises :-)

lol. yea. well, i think i really need a new cd-rw device. *sometime,
when i get around to it*.

i'm burning about 3 coasters per 1 good write session before i realize
that i need to turn off dma.

i'm sure something should be done with kudzu to check it's h/w database
to make sure that /dev/hdparm -d0 /dev/hdx is executed on each boot for
this device or a line in lilo append to drop dma for the specific ide
device (not the whole ide bus, just the cd-rw device).