On Saturday 26 January 2002 06:41, you wrote:
-> Guillaume Rousse wrote:
->
-> > Ainsi parlait Michal Bukovjan :
-> > > Hello list,
-> > >
-> > > is there any particular reason for the new kernel naming scheme?
-> > > I refer to these kernel-2.4.16.10mdk-1-1mdk names?
-> > >
-> > > Why not just 2.4.16-10mdk ?
-> > Look at list archive, you'll find plenty of litterature about this
 topic. -> > --
-> > Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-> > GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html
->
-> This naming change has been made without any consultation with important
-> users who depend on the existing naming convention.   I have published
-> repeatedly troels.rpm5.pl to users of the cooker and expert mailing lists.
-> It is a script for downloading the entire set of Mandrake files, and there
-> are many users of this utility, because it greatly speeds up downloading
 by -> only downloading English RPMs and by renaming RPMs which are being
 updated -> so that rsync uses its update-in-place mode to only down;oad the
 changes. ->
-> Could we have a BNF (Backus-Naur Form) syntax diagram of the syntax and
-> semantics of the revised Mandrake file naming convention, please?
->
-> troels.rpm5.pl is a free download from my web site:
->
->        http://www.ains.net.au/~ronst
->

How about the latest kernel-sources? is this one better than the previous?

(kernel-source-1-1mdk.i586.rpm) <==== It looks to me like is a finger ERROR!

It works and install fine, its just the naming scheme....

We use to have something like this!

kernel-source-2.4.17.10mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm
kernel-headers-2.4.17-22mdk.i586.rpm

Current Linux kernel 2.4.17-10mdk uptime: 19 hours 1 minutes.