Does anyone have sound working with this chip?
Has been broken since 8.1x

My cooker (a week or two old with some updates) is sound-dead and it has been a
confirmed bug for some time......

>.....Confirm ymf740 and SiS 7018 do not work in 8.2.  SiS also does not work in >8.1,
>at least not on ECS boards with SiS 730/735 chipsets.  This is amazing
>because SiS is the most linux-friendly of the chipset makers, and their
>driver for the sound has been in since 2.3.40  The ymf740 is on an SiS 530
>Chipset and works fine except on the prototype 8.2.........

It takes 3 days or more to download ISO's as well as
extended battery power and generator fuel (being off-grid)
so would like to know before I try again!?

Last time it worked for me was 8.0freq

William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak.