> I can also add that key KDE developers do no accept Bug Report against
KDE
> 2.2 branch - as it's supposed to be closed.

Key developers may do what they want. Distributions have there user base
that they must maintain.

> I second back idea of installing KDE3 and KDE2 in parallel in upcoming
LM
> 7.2
> Even if KDE3 is not ready, you can install KDE3 Beta2 in parallel to
KDE2
> Stable, and allow users to test it and send bug reports to the KDE
team.

This needs cleanup of KDE3. Current hack of setting KDEHOME screws up
KDE2 applications started out of KDE3. And menu methods for KDE3 are
still using .kde/ and not .kde3/ as user prefix.

KDE3 has to be recompiled with KDEHOME defaulting to ~/.kde3, menu
methods fixed then you can really use them in parallel (and even run
KDE2 apps out of KDE3 and vice versa).

-andrej