On Tuesday 29 January 2002 20:06, you wrote:

/.../

>   1.) I'm not sure if you are planning this or not, but have you
> considered delaying the distro until the release of KDE 3.0? While
> you might still want to keep KDE 2.2.2 the default desktop, you could
> either have an option to install KDE 3.0 instead, or a way to install
> them side-by-side (i.e. perhaps install KDE 3 to /opt/kde or vise
> versa). SuSE did something like this in SuSE Linux 7.1.

/.../

Once again, KDE 3.0 will not be included in 8.2 if it is not ready.
'Ready' means that KDE 3.0 need to be in final release and that the
Mandrake's KDE Team + QA Team agree to release it. So, don't hope to
much to see it included in final contribs CDs (KDE 2.2.2 will be the
KDE avalaible in 8.2).

KDE 3 installation will of course allow users to run KDE 2 or KDE 3.

Beta versions of KDE 3 will be of course available in Cooker (but only
if when we will have time to do it, i.e. when there will be no know
bugs which need to be fixed in KDE 2).

--
David BAUDENS
MandrakeSoft <http://www.mandrakesoft.com>