On Tuesday 29 January 2002 15:30, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> I am interested in your opinions:
>  whether LM can be bundled with some networking hardware, and if answer is
> "yes", what subset of current LM should be included?

I like this question.  How about a distribution for installation in a PC that
is equipped with both an Ethernet card and a wireless card such as the
Orinoco silver card.  The purpose would be to build a plug-and-play
router/firewall/caching wireless Access Point.  Some commercial Access Points
already provide most of those features, but lack the caching Web server.  LM
might be fairly close be being able to provide all of the required software
support.  The box in which it would be installed should have low power
consumption because it would be on 24x7.

--
John Kintree
4043 Delor Street