That's exactly the problem - it is always hit or miss on mirrors whether
they are up-to-date, let alone fast enough!  Who has the time to sift
through the mirror list and try each one out?  Don't they have minimum
requirements to become a mirror?  Can't they be rated some how (as I
proposed many moons ago?)

One would assume that the primarys would be large machines and allow
large throughput (NOT) - So, Mandrake would do itself a favor and try to
arrange either better quality (ie: more consistant) mirrors - or at
least offer a special server (with invited passwords?) to the select
group of people who contribute the time and effort to help debug and
test?!?!?!

Another good idea . . . Hewlet Packard and Mandrake have signed some
deals recently (maybe Mandrake can convince HP to help with setting up
some strong mirrors here in Europe and the States) - Naturally with HP
equipment showing off the great relationship between the two??  Hmm?

Cheers,
R.Fox