when I start kde, there's a window saying : cannot
open device /dev/dsp
lspcidrake says :

agpgart         : VIA Technologies|VT82C691 [Apollo
PRO]
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C598 [Apollo
MVP3 AGP]
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C686 [Apollo
Super]
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C586 IDE
[Apollo]
usb-uhci        : VIA Technologies|VT82C586B USB
usb-uhci        : VIA Technologies|VT82C586B USB
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C686 [Apollo
Super ACPI]
es1371          : Ensoniq|ES1371 [AudioPCI-97]
8139too         : Realtek|RTL-8139
snd-card-ymfpci : Yamaha Corporation|YMF-744B [DS-1S
Audio Controller]
Card:NVIDIA GeForce2 DDR (generic): nVidia
Corporation|NV11 (Geforce2 MX)
unknown         : Virtual|Hub []
unknown         : Virtual|Hub []

I've got 2 Souncards, and I only want usind the
ensonique card
thx for quick answer :-)
Daniel

> > I downloaded the new mandrake 8.2 bea, and
> everything
> > work fine for me, without my ensonique 97 card.
> (iht
> > was detected, but doesnt work!!)
> > what's your problem :
> > - xmms (or whatever you use) saying it cannot open
> /dev/dsp ?
> - module not loaded ?
> - sound get played but nothing can be heard ?
> - ...

> > have you any usefull error message ? what
lspcidrake
> report for your card: alsa
> or oss module ? try the other one if one doesn't
> work, we can switch modules if
> one works better that the other for your card.
> > > I don't know what's the matter, I hope it will
be
> fix for mandrake 8.2
> > final. oh, yeah, one thing : my card worked in
> Mandrake 8.1, but the volume
> > was to low ...  so I didn't notice it. and I had
> to adjust the sound EVERYTIME
> > I started linux ... because everytime I reboot
> linux, the sound was again not
> > audible :-(( (ok, I know, my english is bad! and
> I'm newbye, perhaps I did
> > mistakes by configuring my card.)
> > if you enable *both* sound & alsa service, the
sound

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de