On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 03:20:21PM -0800, Ben Reser wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:32:33AM +0000, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> [..]
> > BTW: there are PCI Wireless cards out there, world is not ended at PCMCIA :-)
>
> Every single one I've seen is just a pcmcia adapter bundled with a
> pcmcia card.  Of course someone might be making something different but
> it would be the first one I've seen.  At least Linksys, SMC, D-Link, and
> Lucent all do it that way.

oh .. at least I have two PCMCIA card in a PCI adaptor card .. and it's NOT
PCMCIA .. it's PLX .. most of the adaptor cards are PLX - which is,
from what I've understood so far, more like a ISA bridge than a PCI .. that's
why those cards are not hot-pluggable

see the "orinoco_plx" Kernel module under "Wireless (non Ham Radio)" in
the Kernel for instance ..

Christian

--
"Backups are for wimps. Real men upload their data to an FTP site and have
 everyone else mirror it."                                - Linus Torvalds