This email is subject to the disclaimer set out below

Hmmm. I started this thread about ACPI and APM and Kernel power management
and just how flaky things have got.

I know that I misspelled ACPI as APIC ! So I think this thread is now
carrying comments about both !

Owen

> On Monday 04 Feb 2002 11:23 pm, SI Reasoning wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the situation is so bad now with the
> > kernel, if the power plug becomes unplugged at any
> > time and the my Dell Inspiron 8000 goes on battery
> > power, I get a complete freeze. How many UP boxes must
> > have APIC enabled? So far, Mandrake had been one of
> > the best at installing on laptops out of the box, but
> > with APIC they may now become one of the worst. There
> > are lots of things I can route around but this problem
> > is pretty severe.
>
> I've been trying to follow this thread for some time, and getting more and
> more confused about whether people are talking about a problem with the
> IO-APIC support (enhanced interrupt controller), ACPI support (power
> management) or both ?
>
> cheers,
> Chris

THIS E-MAIL MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. IF
YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY AND
INFORM CAMBRIDGE POSITIONING SYSTEMS LIMITED BY TELEPHONING +44 (0)1223 326900.

own virus checks on all parts of it.

Cambridge Positioning Systems Limited, 62-64 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1LA, is
registered in England under company number 2808344.