On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:57:49PM +0300, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> I remember, many peoples complained that urpmi never cleaned up
> downloaded RPMs. Just as reminder. I cannot see easy solution that would
> please both.

A cache generally has two main parameters:
(1) how large the cache can grow ,e.g .1% of free space, or 50MBytes
    (with Mandrake 7.2 I had over 200 MBytes there and the disk filled up)

(2) how long to keep files (e.g. remove a package if it's more than a week
    old, or if it's replaced by a newer version)

Collectively these form a cache replacement policy (which files do we
remove to make space for new files as needed?).

It would help if urpmi removed packages that were installed OK.
Then remove packages older than a week, is my suggestion, for a minimal
change.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org
Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley August 2000
Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999; Mastering XML, Sybex 2001