On Вск, 2002-02-10 at 14:30, Quel Qun wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-02-10 at 00:43, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> > On Вск, 2002-02-10 at 03:11, Quel Qun wrote:
> > > >
> > > Apparently, the module loading is broken at the moment.
> > >

> > I wonder if anybody ever tries to search archives before making "bug
> > report" ...
> >
> > cat >> /etc/modules.devfs
> > alias /dev/nvidia NVdriver
> > alias /dev/nvidia* /dev/nvidia
> > ^D
> >
> That wasn't a bug report, I  was just trying to get that guy up and
> running. But since you're mentioning archives, I went to
>
> http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/cooker/
>
> How can I search anyhing there? Am I supposed to read all the archived
> messages to find what I am looking for?

go to marc.theaimsgroup.com (or net or org - I forgot) with excellent
search possibilities. Or go to www.kernel.org, scroll down and they
refer to this site as well, it hosts many list archives including lkml.

> Back to NVidia. Could these two lines be in /etc/modules.devfs by
> default?

No. They have no business here by default. If nVidia does not care for
clean installation of there drivers - it is their problem. Mail nVidia.

-andrej