I simply put
rm -f /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.pid
right before
cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
in /sbin/ifup

Every test I tried worked flawlessly, with the
exception that restarting pcmcia does not bring the
network back up, but that appears to be a pcmcia
issue. It does resolve the network issue, including
when the system shuts down improperly or the network
is shutdown improperly (if you call restarting pcmcia
or network shutting them down improperly, :-})

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to stand
by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally
treasonable to the American public."
Theodore Roosevelt