I added the one line below +++ and deleted a couple of
lines. This seems to work fine.

--- Liam Quin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:59:57AM -0800, SI
> Reasoning wrote:
> > I added killall dhcpcd before I removed dhcpcd.pid
> and
> > that took care of the stray running dhcpcd's left
> in
> > memory.
>
> You might want something like this:
>
> if test -f /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.pid
> then
>     if kill -0 `cat /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.pid`
>     then
>       # still running
+++     kill `cat /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.pid`
>     else
>       /bin/rm -f /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.pid
>     fi
> fi
>
> Liam
>
> --
> Liam Quin - XML Activity Lead, W3C,
> http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
> Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net
> irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org
> Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley
> August 2000
> Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999;
> Mastering XML, Sybex 2001

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we are to stand
by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally
treasonable to the American public."
Theodore Roosevelt