le mer 13-02-2002 à 08:32, Borsenkow Andrej a écrit :

> > Was patch left out again or is it not working.
> >
> > After installation of pkgs, 1/2 of those chosen remain as selected in
> both
> > rpmdrake panes.
> >

> If you can reproduce it, could you please run rpmdrake --verbose and
> send *full* console output (including anything from rpminst and grpmi)
> explaining what exactly have you done (which packages you selected and
> what packages remained in listing) and file /root/tmp/rpminst.log?

i've got the same pb but unfornately everything is installed. So I will
test next time I will have somes packages to update.
I only have remote ftp cooker source.

> It seems there are problems with remote medias and I have tested only
> local, I have to think how to setup remote.

true, it seems to be the pb.

> Some explanation - many people (me including) complained that if
> installation failed packages are blindly removed from list and you have
> to reselect them again.
>
> I tried to parse rpminst output and to remove only those packages that
> has really been installed. Obviously it does not always work, rpmdrake
> somwtimes thinks packages has not been installed when it actually was
> and I need as many test cases (including rpminst output in the first
> place) as possible.
>
> Alternative is to rescan lists after every installation. I am afraid of
> people starting complaining that it is too slow.

it will be very slow.
Instead of scanning rpminst output, what about implement this in rpminst
? i.e write the list of package it manage to send to rpm for
installation. After you just have to scan this list. Or rpminst may just
send list of package it fails to installed. In fact implement this in
rpminst as it is the core so that rpmdrake should just have to gather
informations making it be lighter.

--
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/linux_wizard/index.html
-