Borsenkow Andrej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> that is exactly what happens now and is proven to be ehh ... fragile :-)
>
> The real problem is, sometimes there is no information which RPM has
> been and which has not been installed. It is easy to test - just corrupt
> some RPM (write random bytes in the middle to preserve headers) and
> start installation of several RPMs at once including corrupted. Run it
> with --verbose if you want to see what happens. You get just general
> "URPMI FAILED" status even if some packages has really been installed -
> but you never know which ones.

Yes, but urpmi cannot even get what has been installed. In fact, it seems
necessary to rescan package installed to check if a package has been installed
and assume it has been correctly if it is present in rpm db.

Currently this is not done by urpmi nor by rpmdrake.

> So there is at least on case when you *must* to rescan just to find out
> which packages have actually been installed. Sorry, I do not know rpm
> internals enough to provide workaround (at least in near future).

Yes... such code exist in rpmdrake or urpmi (equivalent of rpm -qa, execution
time is the same).

François.