On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 09:12:32AM +0100, Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek wrote:
> On Út, 2002-02-12 at 21:32, Rene Schumann wrote:
>
> > Sound:
> >
> > I dont have any Sound on my Laptop.
> > It seems that alsa is right configured but it dosnt work (with windows
> > sound works).
> I dont have alsa on this computer but at home I had to increase volume
> with gmix first to hear anything. Alsa sets volume to zero by default.

Better use aumix instead of gmix, gmix has some strange problems with
saving mixer preferences (at least when I last tried it).
Also use /etc/init.d/alsa(sound) restart to save the mixer settings
globally.

Regards,

Reinhard
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: Pertergrin, a role playing game system