Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so please
excuse my ignorance.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a utility which will read the current
kernel in order to give a default starting config for building a new
one.  I'd like to be able download the latest kernel (or any source for
that matter) and use my working kernel as a model to start from.  Then
make any new modifications for new hardware and settings enabled by the
new kernel source.  It would seem it would make the process a lot easier
as I always tend to leave some obscure thing out of my new kernel builds
and don't notice it until I go to use it, usually USB or power
management related.  Then I have to rebuild all over again and reboot.

Thanks for your help,

David Christensen
Connect4Less, Inc.