You probably wouldn't have to put it back if amanda were in the distro
;-) (although that is not a solution!).

I have amanda srpms that compile and install fine on 8.x (but not quite
tested yet ...) ... anyone interested?

But my other question is, are system uid's guaranteed to be the same
across installs? I changed an 8.0 mail server to use ldap files in
nsswitch.conf, with ldap running on another 8.0 box, and half the
services didn't restart properly due to uid differences ....

Is Mandrake 8.2 going to be LDAP/NIS friendly?

Buchan

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 09:14:48AM +0300, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
>
>>It never did it for me (and judging by small number of reports for
>>others) so what so different in your password file?
>>

> I recall seeing quite a few reports.  I dunno what is so different on
> mine.  One of the accounts that I constantly have to put back is this
> one:
>
> amanda:x:33:6:Amanda user:/var/lib/amanda:/bin/bash
>
> b.

Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202
GPG Key                       http://ranger.dnsalias.com/gpg.key