On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 12:54:50PM +0300, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

> It is policy dependent. If policy is to have all standard system
> accounts

Who is talking about "standard system accounts"?  I have an account
that I added to the passwd file that is being dropped whenever I
upgrade "setup".  That is a bug, plain and simple.

> in one package (or at least let setup know all _possible_
> system accounts) - it is not a bug.

I put an entry in the passwd file and when I upgrade "setup" it's
gone.  Dropping passwd file entries silently is not a bug?  How do you
figure this?  Did my system work before the upgrade?  Yes.  Does it
work after?  Nope.  That's a bug.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell