Reinhard Katzmann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > You have a K6/2, that processor doesn't support CMOV instructions.
> > Therefore, add "avoid_cmov=true" in your config file. Check its syntax in
> > the READMEs BTW.
>
> I did not get it to run at once but only when I changed the CPU
> options to use CPU=68020/68881 instead of 68040. I also tested the
> normal UAE with the same result, 68040 does not boot. It seems to
> be a kind of loop happening here, but I don't know why. The same
> happens on my AMD Duron based Laptop. (uae-jit shows Timing outputs
> regulary but booting does not happen). Resetting did not help at
> all.

well, uae-jit doesn't support reset.

> Another problem is with drives. When I try to access a file with
> the WBPattern program it does not find any file at all (original
> AmigaOS 3.5 Prefs). Another program crashes on the standard
> file requester (file dialog) when accessing "show drives".
> This happens with both versions of UAE as well (and on both
> desktop computer and laptop). Both problems don't happen with
> an original Amiga.

Does that happens only on 3.5 [I don't have a 3.5 my Amiga stopped at 3.1]? On 3.1 I
don't
find any problems with uae 0.8.20. And the major JIT version problem I found is
that it has problems of mispixel when using 24/32bpp Picasso Modes
(it doesn't happens on 8bit modes). I tried also to backport a part
of code of a newer picasso96-jit.c snapshot, but now the result is that
the pointer disappear/freeze in 24/32bpp and the screen slows down.
In 8bit instead with Picasso96 uae-jit flyes with ssbench at 336MIPS, and 880Mflops
(PIII/1000) and old Sysinfo 3.24 at 400MIPS and 20Mflops.

Can you try also to use an hardfile (e.g. a 16B filedisk with the
entry hardfile=read-write,32,1,1,512,hardfile.hdf in uaerc),
instead of installing the OS on the native FS (it could be that the filesystem
emulation misses some filehandle support as was happening in the past with
some file handle (e.g. FH_FROM_LOCK), although that is strange
because the dos.library shouldn't be changed in 3.5.

Bye.
Giuseppe.