On Sunday 24 February 2002 08:00 am, you wrote:

> guillaume> Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >>
> >> you got it. We don't have serial console handling in the boot kernel.
>
> guillaume> We have the "serial.o" module, it's not enough? What does it
> guillaume> lack?
>
> we need serial built-in into the kernel for serial console to work.
> If you have 68kb free in the boot disks, I can change the thing,
> othrewise, it is not going to work.  notice that the messages than
> David is asking about are printed _before_ we have mounted any
> filesystem, initrd -> i.e. no way that we are able to load a module
> for that time.

Current free space on floppy is 15K.  Without adjustments to initial ramdisk,
there is no way to get that amount free.

Is there a way that stage 2 could initialize for serial port, that way the
stage 1 would not be affected?

I was not advocating for serial install, just reporting back my results of
testing.  I am going to try out Pixel's suggestion.

Dave