Hallo.

When I installed my new machine I've chosen the "high" security level.
I suppose that's the reason that in /etc/ssh/sshd.config root logins are
disabled, correct?

If so, why are root ssh logins disabled?  I further suppose that is,
because root ssh logins are "bad".  Correct?  Well, but why are they
"bad"?  In how far is it more secure to first ssh to a normal user
account and then do a su to become root?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]