Borsenkow Andrej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Пнд, 2002-02-25 at 12:54, François Pons wrote:
> > Doug McClendon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > urpmi seems to be lying to me.  It says
> > > its going to add kernel-source, but instead it adds all the
> > > dependencies, and then silently drops the main rpm I asked for...
> >
> > There is a problem in kernel source package, remove kernel-source in file
> > /etc/urpmi/inst.list as urpmi didn't manage package to install instead of
> > upgrade nicely.
> >

> Sorry? I have been installing kernel-source with urpmi all the time.

Because you may have already modified your /etc/urpmi/inst.list

> May be the original poster meant kernel SRPM? Then urpmi obviously does
> the right thing.

I found the bug this WE, it is hard to fix it correctly, in fact a property
install should be probagated in some case to requires (kernel-headers) according
to previous kernel-headers packages and its sense attached to requires (from
other packages). To schematize:

kernel-headers installed is required by old kernel-source.
newer kernel-source need an updated kernel-headers.
kernel-headers is simply updated so old is removed which breaks the install of
newer kernel-source.

workaround is to removed kernel-source (or add kernel-headers) in inst.list, I
prefer to remove because kernel-source is very big and propagating adding
package may not be so right (look a files in kernel-headers, old will be removed
in fact).

François.