On Пнд, 2002-02-25 at 13:39, François Pons wrote:
> Borsenkow Andrej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > There is a problem in kernel source package, remove kernel-source in file
> > > /etc/urpmi/inst.list as urpmi didn't manage package to install instead of
> > > upgrade nicely.
> > >

> > Sorry? I have been installing kernel-source with urpmi all the time.
>
> Because you may have already modified your /etc/urpmi/inst.list

No.

{pts/3}% cat /etc/urpmi/inst.list
# Here you can specify packages that need to be installed instead
# of being upgraded (typically kernel packages).
kernel
kernel-source
kernel-smp
kernel-secure
kernel-enterprise
kernel-linus2.2
kernel-linus2.4
kernel22
kernel22-secure
kernel22-smp
hackkernel

> > May be the original poster meant kernel SRPM? Then urpmi obviously does
> > the right thing.
>
> I found the bug this WE, it is hard to fix it correctly, in fact a property
> install should be probagated in some case to requires (kernel-headers) according
> to previous kernel-headers packages and its sense attached to requires (from
> other packages). To schematize:
>
> kernel-headers installed is required by old kernel-source.
> newer kernel-source need an updated kernel-headers.

Kernel source does not need kernel-headers. If new kernel-source still
has Requires for them it is a bug. glibc-devel needs kernel-headers

> kernel-headers is simply updated so old is removed which breaks the install of
> newer kernel-source.

No it breaks existing (installed and ancient) kernel source. But,
really, we cannot care about compatibility in this case. Everything that
existed before restructuring of kernel-source/kernel-headers is
outdated.

In this case it is not a problem, but I understand it may be in general
case and possibly requires several install/update calls.

What about moving installation to after update instead of before? In
this case it should satisfy our case, as it is unlikely something
depends in particular version of kernel/kernel-sources.