--- SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For some reason my/usr/share/config/kdm/Xservers and
> Xaccess are gone. I noticed this after a compile
> although I cannot imagine how it could be related

as it turned out my /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc was
hosed. Unfortunately even kcontrol did not reset it up
properly. Fortunately I had another server that I
could pull the config files from to get it running
again. My /usr directory is using xfs and I suspect
that all of my laptop crash tests (trying to
suspend/resume) may be creating some file corruption.
I also had something like this happen to my kmailrc
file (but my /home directory is on reiserfs) Where it
looked like part of the autobookmarks or something
like that took over part of the kmailrc file.

Is it really this easy to corrupt files using these
journaled file systems?

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes