Hello!
I've noticed that sometimes system (Athlon 1000, 256 MB RAM, 600 MB Swap) get
completely busy, apparently it's a random behaviour. But now I've noticed
that there's always a kmail session opened.
It happens that Kmail leave "orphan" processes even when I sotly-close the
program. Now I'm sure that if I "kill -HUP" the orphans, then system comes
back to the normality. Here you are an example:

USER   PID %CPU %MEM  VSZ    RSS    TTY   STAT START  \
claudio 2723 48.4 71.7 515244 183492 ?    R   11:36   \

TIME COMMAND
10:43 kdeinit: kio_imap4

Does it happen just to me?
Thanks, Claudio

PS)
[claudio@monster claudio]$ rpm -q kdenetwork
kdenetwork-2.2.2-16mdk

--
Claudio Panichi
System/Network Admin at Dept. of Physics