On Tuesday 26 February 2002 12:08, Claudio wrote:
> Hello!
> I've noticed that sometimes system (Athlon 1000, 256 MB RAM, 600 MB Swap)
> get completely busy, apparently it's a random behaviour. But now I've
> noticed that there's always a kmail session opened.
> It happens that Kmail leave "orphan" processes even when I sotly-close the
> program. Now I'm sure that if I "kill -HUP" the orphans, then system comes
> back to the normality.

I have noticed this behavior in all KDE 2.2 kmail versions (not just
Mandrake, SuSE Sparc does the same thing).

One way to make this happen with kio_imap4 is to open a folder in kmail, use
another instance of an imap mailer (a kmail in another machine, or evolution)
to read mail from the same location.  After that, the kio_imap4 of the first
machine start running wild.

Teemu