On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:54:08AM -0500, Levi Ramsey wrote:

> > Aye
> >
> > There is also a problem with net banking where all the newer
> > browsers run some other kind of java that Danish banks do not
> > support, so the only linux browser which can do netbakning
> > in Denmark is NS4.
>
> Have you tried Opera's browser spoofing (it can masquerade as IE 5 for
> Windows)?  From what I've seen on the opera.linux ng, most banks seem
> to just use simple JavaScript browser detection (navigator.appName or
> similar and grepping the results for Netscape or Internet Explorer).  I
> believe Mozilla can be made to spoof, but it's not as easy to change it
> as it is in Opera (iow, I haven't found the option in 0.9.8).

It is not about spoofing. They really cannot do it, because of some
problems with java, I understand. Something about new MS software
not running real Sun java but something else, or linux not running java
from sun. Last time I checked I actually had a problem with NS4
and one of my banks, under mdk 82b3 . Will test again
and see if it is still a problem. Still much to test for 82b3...

Keld