-> I do not get any GNOME window decorations, such as a titlebar, or the
-> ability to move a window around. This is especially visible the very
-> first time you login, where MandrakeFirstTime tries to run, but you
-> can't position the window with the mouse.
->
-> Also, I still cannot log in to KDE with any user other than root. I get
-> an error that there is a problem starting dcopserver.
->

Remove your:

.Xauthority
.MCOP-random-seed
.DCOPserver_localhost
.DCOPserver_localhost_:0

in your user directory, so when you login it will re-create them again.

Then try to login again as user.

Let me know what happened.