--- Juan Quintela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> si> Unfortunately, I have a kernel compile "make
> bzImage"
> si> problem that bombs long before that and this fix
> does
> si> not help. The error message is below and noone
> has
> si> responded to this one yet.
>
> si> from md.c:33:
> si>
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.17-14mdk/include/net/sock.h:739:
> si> size of array `__pad' is too large
> si> make[3]: *** [md.o] Error 1
>
> Could you confirm that you are able to compile a
> kernel now, and if
> the problem was the kde kernel configurator, please?

Yes, I have been able to compile kernels just fine
using make menuconfig but I have always gotten these
errors when using the KDE Kernel Configurator. I have
not tried it on the last few kernels though....
been bomb shy...
:-}

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes