APIC is not an issue anymore. Unfortunately,
suspend/resume still does not work properly.

All of the problems I have been reporting are still
there:

if pcmcia is enabled and started (at any time) before
or after a suspend/resume the system will reboot. I
have played with this further and have traced it to
using a network card. I placed a 3com 3ccfe575bt and a
xircom r2be100 and both caused the lock up.

I have tried in the past to remove the modules
(xircom) after stopping the pcmcia service but it
would still lock up. However, I tried it with a modem
(although I did not actually try to use the modem) and
it worked fine, unless I eject the modem without
turning off pcmcia first, then I get a kernel oops. I
actually took picture of the kernel oops if you want
it. Some basics from the oops:
invalid operand: 0000
CPU:   0
Process swapper (pid: 0, stackpage=c0279000)
<0>Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

So, it appears that there is some problem with
networking, maybe, that is part of the instability
with suspend/resume, but pcmcia still seems a bit
iffy.

It works though without drm. I still am having
problems with drm enabled. Even with the
rmmod r128 agpgart
in /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/suspend.d/5XFree and
insmod agpgart
insmod r128
in /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/resume.d/4XFree
It still seems to lock up the X-window, sometimes with
mouse other times with the mouse also frozen.

I have noticed that from the console if I
rmmod r128 agpgart
I get the error agpgart not loaded (or installed or
whatever)
and I have to do a 2nd
rmmod agpgart
for it to be taken out. What would cause that delay?

--- Juan Quintela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> si> yay! success! Now that APIC is disabled I have a
> si> laptop that doesn't freeze up all the time!
> si> :-}
>
> Hi
>         2.4.18-2mdk will have a patch to try to get
> your laptop happy
> & APIC into the kernel.
>
> Later, Juan "thinking about giving 2.4.18-2mdk the
> name SI Reasoning" :)
>
> --
> In theory, practice and theory are the same, but in
> practice they
> are different -- Larry McVoy

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A requirement of creativity is that it contributes to change.  Creativity keeps
the creator alive.

-FRANK HERBERT, unpublished notes