Hi,

I wrote another disk with hd.img and now it did work.

I have a Logitech Wheel mouse 830513_0000
If I choose the Logitech MouseMan+) -> the wheel doesn't mouse during the
mouse test.
Generic PS/2 works OK

The system didn't ask me which CD's I had. Both ISO-images were in the same
directory.

After a while of installing packages, the following message appears:

There was an error installing packages
LibOrbit-devel-0.5.13-1mdk.i586

I choose Go on anyway

But it does the same with
libaudiofileO-devel-0.2.3_2mdk...
db1devel...
libsound0...
libimlib...
libgda0...
lignome32-devel...
openjade...
libstdc++3.0...

Finally I choose to cancel

Are these packages from the second CD?

The install goes on and I fear the worst...

During the networking setup the name server is filled with 192.168.0.2, why
isn't the gateway set to 192.168.0.1. That would be convenient.

I liked the possibility to update the system immediately from the internet.

sudo... and xchat-1.8.7-1.1mdk.i586 failed though

I also didn't manage to get X installed. I have a dual headed Matrox G400.
Neither of the XFree version worked though. I always get the following
message:

An error occurred server is not available should be in
/mnt/usr/X11R6/bin/Xfree86

I hope this helps. Maybe I should burn those images after all... and try that
way.

Jo