After upgrading my kernel to 2.4.18-2mdk, I have unresolved symbols and
the root fs (xfs) fails to mount. Is there some file that I need in
order to tell it to preload xfs? I thought this is what initrd is for.
Everytime I upgrade the kernel this breaks, and going through the
"Upgrade" of Cooker installation just now does not fix the problem.

BTW, I hate the old_* entires in lilo.conf, because everytime I
reinstall I get more and more entries which makes it harder to tell
which kernel I am booting from the menu.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>