On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 07:55:56PM +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> I looked further into it.
>
> It seems like you can install httpd and httpd-perl at the same time.
> I think they should be mutually exclusive, and that the installation
> should check that.

No they should are installable at the same time on purpose.  The config
file for httpd checks to see if httpd-perl is installed and vice versa.
If both are installed then httpd-perl runs on a high port (8200).  Then
httpd proxies all requests in the /perl tree to the 8200 port.

The logic here is to avoid the overhead of the built in perl httpd for
simple static requests like .html and image files.

(For more information search for PERLPROXIED in httpd-perl.conf)

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi