Stéphane Teletchéa wrote:

>Le Mardi 5 Mars 2002 14:12, vous avez écrit :
>
>>Latest Cooker (04032002) - XawTV works just fine
>>
>>KwinTV crashes upon startup - attached is the backtrace.
>>
>>I had it running ages ago and kinda liked the interface - it would be a
>>nice thing to have - but I understand it's not priority.
>>

>>[rfox@localhost rfox]$ kwintv
>>KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
>>KCrash: Application Name = kwintv path = <unknown> pid = 16484
>>ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
>>[rfox@localhost rfox]$
>>
>>Thx,
>>R.Fox
>>

>Why not using xawtv ?
>Except the new rule for the brightness/color/..., it is working nicely.
>Stef

I don't know why comments are so negative about kwintv. It works great
for me. I even made a md8.1 package I gave to the maintainers.
You could try using it, or compiling it from the source package also
available. Have a look in :
http://www.staikos.on.ca/~staikos/kwintv/latest/Mandrake8.1/

Mind you, I like xawtv too ...

Greetings,