Linux amda7v 2.4.18-4mdk #1 Tue Mar 5 05:58:26 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Lates Cooker - fresh install - ide-scsi CD burner (was working up until now)

I get an error when starting xcdroast as root - "failed to scan the
SCSI-bus.  Either no permission to access the generic scsi devices or no
SCSI support enabled in the kernel"

As far as I can tell - there is support because harddrake reports
/dev/scd0 exists and lsmod shows the necessary modules loaded (ide-scsi)

I also get these console message too:

[root@amda7v Cooker]# xcdroast

** WARNING **: Installation problem? No set-uid bit on /usr/bin/mkisofs

** WARNING **: Installation problem? No set-uid bit on /usr/bin/readcd

** WARNING **: Installation problem? No set-uid bit on /usr/bin/cdda2wav

[root@amda7v Cooker]#

Any help would be nice. . ..

R.Fox