On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 09:30:26PM +0100, Warly wrote:

> Tomorrow we will be in deep freeze.
>
> That's mean that no package upload will be allowed
> except for severe showstoppers.
>
> RC1 contains 2 important pbs that are now nearly fixed,
> symlinks are broken on CDs with supermount enable (fixed in
> the latest cooker kernel), and USB hub device detection (especially
> for printers) is non 100% functional (removing /usr/sbin/usbmodules
> fix the pb).
>
> For this last week of testing, we will concentrate on really
> important bugs, letting other ones to be corrected in 8.2 updates.
>
> I have some concerns about the soft on CD1, everyone want its
> program to be on CD1, as a consequence some other more important
> may be rejected to CD2, if you think that crucial package for any
> installation are on CD2, whine.
>
> Questions?

Could those that wants something to be in the release, not just have it
in the repositories, but accessible via rpmdrake? Or maybe this
is already posible, and then I do not know how.

I have reported a number of pbs, that are not solved yet.
I would really appreciate if they could be solved for the
final release.

Kind regards
keld