On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 14:31, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Monday 11 March 2002 23:52, Brad Felmey wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 12:03, SI Reasoning wrote:

> >> Personally, I think it is VERY  important to have
> >> things work out of the box.

> > I second this. I'm pinning a lot of hope on Mdk 8.2 for desktop

> I third this. 8.0 and 8.1, despite having loads more useful features (like

I forth it. The reason I originally switched to mandrake was because it
worked better than redhat. The niceness of it was just a bonus. I had no
problems with 8.0, and a lot with 8.1. 8.2 should be perfect and confirm
to the skeptics after 8.1 that mandrake is a quality distro.

BTW I run a mandrake virus scanning mailserver based on 8.0 here. Its
medium sized, handling approx 15,000 mails per week. It worked the day
they plugged it in, and it has been up and not skipped a beat since. The
exchange server however has crapped out majorly about 4 times. There are
a lot of people who want redhat because its the norm, but they cant
justify the swap as long as there hasnt been a single problem with the
mandrake box :) I belive quaily is more important ahead of anything
else.

Ant

--
Systems Administrator
Pracom Ltd.

PRIVILEGED - PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
This electronic mail is solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you receive this electronic mail in error, please delete it from
your system immediately and notify the sender by electronic mail or
using any of the above contact details.