In my case I'm using the kernel that comes with the distribution. In fact, at the
moment I'm not using anything that does not come with the mandrake rc1 isos:

kernel-2.4.18.4mdk-1-1mdk
samba-common-2.2.3a-7mdk
samba-client-2.2.3a-7mdk

I just hope that for 8.2final this problem is solved.

Regards
Mario

El Mié 13 Mar 2002 15:28, escribió:
> Sorry I'm entering this discussion late, but which
> kernel are you using?  Who compiled it, and with what
> optflags?  In my experience in the last couple kernel
> versions, -O3 breaks smbfs.
>
> --- Brad Felmey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes, see also the thread in here "samba-2.2.3a-6mdk
> > and hung
> > mountpoints". It's been discussed, but to date not a
> > single, solitary
> > kernel person has even bothered to respond, even
> > when someone else
> > already located a patch.
> >
> > I just wish that Juan, gc, or one of the kernel guys
> > would respond, even
> > if it's just to tell us that smbfs isn't important
> > and to go fsck
> > ourselves, but they won't even do that. You'd think
> > an oopsing kernel
> > would be a showstopper, but they've completely
> > ignored those of us who
> > have reported this.
> > --
> > Brad Felmey

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html