On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 20:50, Ben Reser wrote:

> Finally, I'm not sure that would completely compatible with the GPL.

The GPL doesn't forbid charging for binary packages - you just have to
make the source available too.

And yes, I for one would happily pay for binary packages.  System
administration is limited to 5% of my time, which is why I use
Mandrake and not debian, for example: that 5% includes time spent
figuring out how to configure things, editing conf files etc.

I could already build a linux system from source, but life is too short.

Liam