On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 06:39:28PM +0200, Faraj Meir wrote:
>  I think also that for laptop is very not at the level of windows since
> suspend , irda , incorporated mouse
> does not work well to not say at all...

On all of my laptops this works properly except one and that's an Apple.
The only reason all of this works properly on Windows has nothing to do
with the OS itself.  It has to do with the fact that manufacturers are
shipping it with windows and write the drivers themselves.  If you don't
buy a bleeding edge laptop or are patient.  The kernel will get updated
to support the laptop hardware.

At any rate.  I've never ever ever seen a laptop in which the built in
mouse didn't work with Linux.  Suspend yes.  And frankly irda is pretty
worthless anymore.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi