wyrmzr wrote:

>On Wednesday 20 March 2002 10:39, you wrote:
>
>>Kmail and evolution are very  good email agents , but for me when I use
>>outlook it doesn't hang with 10000
>>mail....
>>big problem of  windows are stability and viruses ...
>>big problem of linux have no good acceleration for video and is not yet
>>stable,
>> I think also that for laptop is very not at the level of windows since
>>suspend , irda , incorporated mouse
>>does not work well to not say at all...
>>(Warning:I like a lot linux , and I saying this only for pointing on
>>problems that I do not like to see in the future)
>>Thanks for the very great disribution you've made ,
>> Meir Faraj

For laptops, realize this:

1.  To cram all that functionality in a small package, compromises are
made with the accepted industry standards.

2.  The hardware engineers do their best, then the software people take
over and write customized windows drivers to make up for the deficiencies.

3.  Linux generally supplies drivers built for the accepted standard.
 Specialized drivers are supplied if open-source.

4.  Notebook support for linux will be adequate when notebook
manufacturers start selling notebooks equipped with linux.  Until then,
it is a game of chance and tweaking.

Civileme